top of page
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 eggs, separated
* 1-1/2 cups milk
* 1 cup butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Sliced frensh strawberries and som
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl lightly beat egg yolks.
2. Add milk, butter, and vanilla; mix well. Stir
into dry ingredients just until combined.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form;
fold into batter.
4. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4/1/2 inches).
bottom of page